- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- CVRC Seminar, Zhen Yan, Ph.D., "More or better is better? A cash for clunkers story for mitochondria in skeletal muscle"
- MR5 1005
- Cardiovascular Research Center
- Employees Everyone Faculty Nurses Patients Students
- Our lab is interested in the molecular and signaling mechanisms of exercise training-induced skeletal muscle adaptation and its impact on health and diseases. We have recently focused on the importance of clearance of old/damaged mitochondria in exercise benefits, a story analogous to Obama’s “cash for clunkers” environmental, economy stimulating policy.
Lira VA, Okutsu M, Zhang M, Greene NP, Laker RC, Breen DS, Hoehn KL, Yan Z. Autophagy is required for exercise training-induced skeletal muscle adaptation and improvement of physical performance. FASEB J. 2013 Jun 27. [Epub ahead of print]
Yan Z, Lira VA, Greene NP. Exercise training-induced regulation of mitochondrial quality. Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2012 Jul;40(3):159-64.
- Zhen Yan, PhD Associate Professor, Cardiovascular Medicine; CVRC Resident Faculty
- No registration is necessary
- Andrea McNeely CVRC 2-3792 alm6f@Virginia.EDU