Fitness and Nutrition
Health and wellness programs are offered to our employees to create a culture that values and meets both the individual and organizational needs for health improvement and enhancement. These health promotion efforts are comprised of awareness and education initiatives, behavior and lifestyle change programs, and the creation of supportive environments.
- UVA Intramural-Recreational
Sports offers reduced membership to university fitness centers for
all UVA employees. They have several locations: Aquatics
and Fitness Center (next to Scott Stadium), Memorial Gym (210 Emmet
Street), North Grounds Recreation Center (510 Massie Road), Slaughter
Recreation Center (505 Edgemont Road), and the Outdoor Recreation
Center (next to Cavalier Inn on Emmet Street). Membership
benefits include: Unlimited use of all university recreation
facilities, Olympic size pool and Indoor tracks.
Estimated costs are listed below, but note that rates are subject to change. Please visit their website linked above to verify current rates.
- Full-time faculty/staff with benefits: $230/year, $135/semester
- Part-time faculty/staff with benefits: $280/year, $135/semester
- Faculty/Staff plus one (in addition to full-time faculty/staff card): $280/year, $135/semester
- Family Access Card (in addition to parent's faculty/staff card):
- $40 first child/year (under 18 years of age)
- $20 each additional child/year (under 18 years of age)
Classes are available for additional fees (please visit website to verify current rates):
- Membership and drop-in card are required to participate in classes
- A drop-in card entitles the bearer to participate in any drop-in group exercise class for the semester in which the card is purchased. The card expires at the end of the semester
- Cost for drop-in cards: Single class = $5, 10 classes = $30, 20 classes = $60, unlimited = $75
For more information, please visit their website.
- USDA: My Pyramid.gov
- UVA Health System Nutrition Services
- UVA Health System Clinical Nutritionists
Fitness and Nutrition Resources:
- Club Red: A UVA Health System initiative providing valuable information in relation to heart health, fitness, and nutrition