Financial and Legal Services
Various financial and legal services are available to UVA and UVA Health System employees through FEAP and the community at large. Some of the financial services offered by FEAP are:
- Review of financial obligations
- Examination of income sources
- Review of obstacles and stressors
- Development of a realistic plan to solve the problem
- Referral to specialized services including financial planning, education, credit counseling, legal assistance, mental health counseling and/or self-help.
- Financial seminars:
- Budgeting Basics
- Managing and Protecting Your Credit
- Papers: What to Keep and What to Shred
- Survival Budgeting
- Understanding your Social Security and Retirement
- Planning for Retirement
The legal services available through FEAP allow employees and their families to have access to limited free legal face-to-face or telephone consultation. An employee might use these services with help in family issues, criminal and civil matters, separation/divorce, domestic violence, eldercare concerns, estate planning or living wills. Contact FEAP at 243-2643 for more information and/or a referral to the legal benefit.