Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
- Equal Opportunity Programs at UVA
- LGBT Resource Center at UVA
- The Serpentine Society: The LGBT Alumni Network
- The UVA Safe Space Program: The Safe Space network is made up of University faculty, staff, and students who are committed to being allies of the LGBT community. All members complete a two-hour training that consists of information about the LGBT population and how to be an ally. At the end of the training, participants are given a distinctive rainbow-colored sticker that reads, "I am someone who is sensitive to and supportive of lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people." These stickers can be seen all around Grounds to visibly designate safe spaces. Trainings are open to all UVA faculty, staff, students (includes Darden, Law, Med School, and Health Systems) To schedule a Safe Space training for your group or department, contact Edward Warwick at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UVA Pride: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Faculty, Staff and Graduate Student Association
- Vice President and Chief Officer for Diversity and Equity
Charlottesville/Albemarle (and the surrounding area):
- Charlottesville Interfaith Gay Straight Alliance
- Gay Cville: a very comprehensive website of links, chat groups, a calendar of events, and social opportunities for LGBTQ individuals in Cville/surrounding counties. Includes list of LGBTQ friendly businesses, physicians, counselors, churches, etc.
- ROSMY: (Richmond Organization for Sexual Minority Youth) Provides services for Central Virginia's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Youth.
- Equality Virginia: A statewide, non-partisan lobbying, education and support network for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and straight allied communities in Virginia.
PFLAG: (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)