How to add a file to your site
Plone offers support for many various file types; PDF, DOC, XLS, etc., and adding them to your site is quick and easy. This tutorial will walk you through the process step-by-step.
- Log in to your site.
- Navigate to the folder you wish to put your file(s) in. If the folder has a page set as its default view, you will know it's a folder because it will have a "Contents" tab in the green editor bar.
- Click the "Add new..." tab in the green editor bar.
- In the dropdown, select "File".
- In the file dialog, give your file a title. This is what will be displayed in the list view for the folder, and the left navigation menu or any collections you create. If you don't give your file a title, it will use the file name as default.
- Click the "Choose File" button to navigate to the file you wish to upload. You can upload files from your local machine or from the network.
- Click "Save".
Once you have uploaded your file, return to the "Contents" view of the folder. You will have to manually reorder your list to put the new file where you want it. In the far right column labeled "Order", click and hold on the four-dot square icon to drag your file up or down in the list (or user the up/down arrows if you are using Firefox).