Grief Resources for Parents, Children and Families
Websites for Parents
- Bereaved Parents of the USA (BP/USA)
- Compassionate Friends
- MISS Foundation
- SHARE -- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc.
Articles and Websites about "Children and Grief"
- Recommended Books About Death and Grief for Children and Adolescents
- Should children be allowed to attend the funerals of parents and other relatives?
- Living With Loss: Bereaved swim against tide of grief (this general article on bereavement includes references to children's grief. From the Finding Our Way: Living with Dying in America article series.)
- Bar-Harris Children's Grief Center
- Helping Children Cope with Grief
- Helping Teenagers Cope with Grief
- Helping Infants and Toddlers When Someone They Love Dies
- Helping Children with Funerals
- Helping Children Understand Cremation
- Helping Grieving Children at School
- Helping Bereaved Siblings Heal
Websites for Children
- The Healing Garden - a child grief webpage with interactive activities (plant seeds, watch them bloom) to help children deal with their grief and loss through creative expression and companion interaction.
- Contact Chaplain Gordon Putnam (4-2477) for Parent Packets containing information and resources for children and parents with cancer.
Programs on Death and Dying
- Text and Audio transcripts of All Things Considered and Morning Edition stories on End-of-Life Issues.
- Resources - for people with life-threatening diseases and their families and caregivers
- Bibliography - books and journal articles dealing with terminal illness, symptom management, bereavement, grief, and medical and social policy relating to the care of the terminally ill
- Readings - selections from novels and short stories, poems, religious rituals, clinical research, scripts for plays and television & radio programs, and private accounts