Frequently Asked Questions
about the UVA Children's Hospital Service of Remembrance
- How do I get directions to McLeod Hall?
- Where do I park?
- I did not get an invitation, but I want to come. What do I do?
- I cannot come this year, but want to be invited next year. What do I do?
- How long does the service last?
- How can I arrange for an interpreter?
- Is there wheelchair access?
- Will there be childcare?
- Will there be food?
- Can I bring pictures of my child?
- Can I bring my own flowers?
- What if I start to cry?
- I have a question that's not listed here.
Q: How do I get to McLeod Hall?
A: Please click here for directions. McLeod Hall--UVA's School of Nursing--is located on Jeanette Lancaster Way. Please note that Jeanette Lancaster Way was formerly 15th Street, and some maps have not updated the new street name yet.
A: Parking is available in the basement of McLeod Hall, UVA School of Nursing, on Jeanette Lancaster Way. Parking in the McLeod parking garage is open and free on weekends, and we encourage you to use this garage. Overflow parking is available at UVA Outpatient Surgery Services on Monroe Lane.
Q: I did not get an invitation, but I want
to come. What do I do?
A: You can RSVP online now. This gives you the option to request an invitation be sent to you next year.
Q: I cannot come this year, but want
to be invited next year. What do I do?
A: RSVP online. You can indicate that you aren't coming, but that you still want to be invited next year.
Q: How can I arrange for an
A: Please indicate that you need an interpreter on the RSVP form.
Q: Is there wheelchair access?
A: Yes. Please contact us for instruction on how to get into the building.
Q: I have a question that's not listed
A: Email Susan, or call 434-924-2642.