Job Opportunities at UVA
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT UVA
Speech Language Pathology
Clinicians looking for an opportunity to
practice as a valued and contributing member of a multidisciplinary
health care team will find the University of Virginia Health System to
be a perfect match.
UVA Therapy Services is organized on a discipline-specific, patient-focused model that provides therapists with the opportunity to both establish and advance their professional practice.
High quality patient care is our goal and we accomplish it while
providing both new and seasoned therapists with the opportunity
• Practice in one of several clinical practice settings: Adult Inpatient Acute Care, Pediatric Inpatient Acute Care, Pediatric Outpatient Therapy
• Develop professional expertise through the management of patients in distinct patient populations,
• Continue their professional education
• Participate actively in the advancement of our profession within the Health System
• Advance their careers through our Clinical Ladder from Clinician I through Clinician IV.
• Define exactly what high quality clinical practice means by participating in one of the Standards of Practice Committees that establish the basic standards of care for all patient service areas
• Benefit from our active mentoring program in which senior therapists are committed to advancing new staff in their practice in an environment of support. Senior staff work closely with less experienced therapists to acquire advanced evaluation and treatment skills that provide not only great patient care but professional satisfaction.
Because our practice is based in a large
academic medical center, there are many opportunities to pursue
personal areas of professional interest through research, staff/student
education, and multidisciplinary quality improvement projects directed
at establishing “best practice” through critical review of the
evidenced-based medical literature.
The University of Virginia Health System is a world-renowned, Magnet-designated academic medical center in the scenic foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you are really interested in practicing in an environment that
• Allows you to contribute to patient care plan development and implementation,
• Affords you the opportunity to participate in clinical research
• Provides you with the opportunity to explore the diverse care settings that UVa’s Health System has to offer
Please give us a call
Working with us will be a great professional experience!
Please contact our Human Resources consultant, Michael Ginsberg at (434) 243-8029 for additional information.
For information about Therapy Services job listings at UVA please visit the Human Resources web site at Human Resources .