Welcome to Therapy Services
Therapy Services welcomes the opportunity to offer clinical observation and participation experiences to students and others interested in pursuing a career in one of the Therapy Services disciplines.
Schools, Students, Observers/Shadows, and Volunteers: Please use the left menu links to access the important information you will need for your clinical experience in our Therapy Services programs, regardless of the specific discipline or department you will be with.
You may also click on the highlighted links below for general information about our Therapy Services departments and programs.
The Administrator for Therapy Services is James M. Darin, RRT, LRCP.
Therapy Services includes the following departments and programs:
Director: Mildred M. Best, M.Div., M.S.S., B.C.C.
• INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT CHAPLAINCY SERVICES
• PASTORAL EDUCATION (INTERNS, RESIDENTS, FELLOWS)
Director: Brenda Wilson, MSW, EAP
• MEDICAL CENTER AND ACADEMIC EMPLOYEES
• CORPORATE CLIENTS
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS AND REHABILITATION ENGINEERING
Director: Jonathon Schuch, P.E.
WORKERS COMPENSATION AND WELLNESS
MEDICAL CENTER AND ACADEMIC EMPLOYEES
• REHABILITATION ENGINEERING
Director: Frank J. Caruso, RRT
• PULMONARY FUNCTION LABORATORY
• SLEEP DISORDERS CENTER – UVA AND PANTOPS
• RESPIRATORY THERAPY
Director: Andy Poole, PT, MSHA, Rehabilitative Therapies – OT, PT, SLP
• OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
• PHYSICAL THERAPY
• SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
Additional coordination is provided by:
· Carol Clerico, OT/L, Therapy Services Coordinator for Competencies and Continuing Education
· Patricia Ann Doorley, MS, RRT, FAARC, Therapy Services Coordinator for Quality and Performance Improvement
· Patrick Hennelly, PT, Therapy Services Coordinator for Data Support and Statistical Analysis
· Denise Greiner, Administrative Specialist