1. How long is a Sleep Study?
The sleep study runs for 6 ½-8 hours.
2. Do I have to go to sleep right after the hook-up?
Lights are turned out in your bedroom generally between 10:30 and 11:30
3. What if I need to go to the bathroom?
You can call the technician who will arrange for you to go to the
bathroom. You can also call for things such as an extra blanket, a
drink of water, etc.
4. Are the rooms private?
Yes, the sleep rooms are private. Each has its own half-bath. The adult
rooms are spacious and contain adjustable single beds. There is a
mounted TV with remote which may be used until the sleep recording
begins. At lights out, TV must be turned off in order to avoid
interference in the sleep tracing.
5. How is my sleep monitored?
Sleep is monitored with small button sized objects pasted to your
6. How is my breathing monitored?
Small monitors are attached in front of your nose and mouth, loosely
fitting bands placed around your chest and abdomen and a small probe
placed over your finger.
7. What time can I leave the Sleep Lab?
You may leave the Sleep Lab after 6 ½-8 hours of good data has been
obtained. In addition to the night-time study, your Doctor may request
8. Can I take a shower in the morning?
Yes, shower facilities are available in the Sleep Lab