Facilitating professional development is one of the core missions of the Professional Nursing Staff Organization, according to Article II of the PNSO Bylaws: "The PNSO shall promote the ongoing development of members through education, mentorship, peer review and recognition opportunities."
Learn about the many ways the PNSO supports professional development by browsing the links below:
- Scholarship Program for UVA staff seeking RN or higher Nursing degrees
- UVA School of Nursing
External learning opportunities:
- Support for conference travel
- Knowledge-Sharing Template for Conference Attendees - bring back key information to colleagues!
- Funding Support for professional development
Specialty nursing certification & professional organization:
- Certification toolkit
-Nursing Professional Organizations, local & national
Recognition Opportunities: recognize inspirational exemplars and key accomplishments!
The Professional Development Committee promotes education, mentorship, and recognition opportunities for members of the PNSO. Per Bylaws, their mission includes:
- Develop and evaluate standards for nursing orientation, competency, in-service and continuing education outcomes.
- Provide guidance to orientation, competency, in-service, and continuing education programs.
- Promote the development of and participation in educational programs for nurses.
For more information about the activities of the Professional Development Committee - or to raise an issue for the committee to address - contact 2013 Chair Gary Jones & Vice Chair Allie Tran.