Professional Nursing Staff Organization
- Call for Abstracts for 2015 EBP Symposium: UVAHS RNs are invited to submit an abstract by January 9, 2015, for presentation at the PNSO Evidence-Based Practice Symposium on March 31, 2015. Click here for Abstract Template & event details.
- Apply for Research Funding Support: UVAHS RNs are invited to apply by March 17, 2015 for funding support for nurse-driven research projects (whether starting up a new project, or disseminating findings from a completed research project). Click here for details about the two funding opportunities.
- The PNSO Offices will be closed on Thursday December 25th and Friday December 26th in observance of the Christmas holiday.
RN Professional Profile - UVAHS RNs, update your profiles with your accomplishments! Our new form is much more user-friendly, allowing you to see & edit past entries for a truly cumulative profile!
Cabinet Schedule Change: Our long-time meeting recurrence pattern has changed in 2014! Now meeting on 2nd Thursdays at a new time, 1600-1800 in the Med Ctr Boardroom. Any UVA nurse is invited to sit in on Cabinet to see their voting representatives in action!
Strengthening Our Nursing Shared Governance
- See the Shared Governance Toolkit: a resource for Central and Local Shared Governance chairs. You will find templates for agendas, minutes and outcomes reports; meeting facilitation tips; monthly housewide shared topics; networking communication lists; and 2014 Local & Central PNSO Committee/Chair information!
Read the Latest PNSO Publications
- Nursing Practice News: check out the latest monthly newsletter impacting your patient care!
- PNSO Annual Reports showcase the great nursing achievements of past years!
- Miss this week's Thursday Blast? Go the archive to view the weekly PNSO emails!
Visit the PNSO's Support Office!
Second floor of McKim Hall, Room 2099