Advanced EMT (Previously EMT-Enhanced)
FALL 2015 Advanced EMT
MUST BE A CURRENT EMT
Pretest: Sunday, April 12, 2015 – 7p.m.
To register email: email@example.com
- Location: TJEMS Council Office, 2205 Fontaine Ave, Suite 302, Charlottesville, VA 24590
- Reading test, EMT scenarios, multiplication/division of fractions and decimals, medical terminology, anatomy.
- You must have a high school degree or GED, current EMT and CPR card. It is recommended that you are actively working/volunteering with an agency, as you will need recommendations from EMS providers. Those affiliated with non-transport agencies will need to make arrangements with a transport agency prior to the start of class.
- Immunizations: Tdap, MMR, Varicella (or history of disease), Hep B, Seasonal Influenza
- TB Test within 1 year of start of class
Synopsis of the Program:
Students in this program bridge from the EMT to the Advanced EMT level. This bridge program builds on the EMT knowledge and skills. Human systems, pathophysiology, patient assessment, IV fluid management, pharmacology and basic skills are some of the focused areas in this class.
- Tuition: $750 (covers NR Psychomotor Exam given at 8:30a.m., Dec 5, 2015 at TJEMS Office)
- Other costs:
o Textbook: AAOS, Advanced Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, 2nd Ed.
o T-shirt - $25
o stethoscope, blue/black pants, black shoes, immunizations
o NREMT-I Testing Fee: $ 115 (1st Written Test only)
- Next class: August 13, 2015 –December 5, 2015
- Instructor: Valerie Quick, BSN, RN, EMT-I
- Classroom: Monday and Thursdays 18:30-22:30 at TJEMS Office, 2205 Fontaine Ave, Suite 302, Charlottesville, VA
- Clinicals: Aug-Dec
o UVA Emergency Department – 30 hours
o UVA Pediatric Emergency Department 8 hours
o Pediatric Flu Vaccine Clinical – 2 hours
o ALS Internship - 48-72 hours
- Psychomotor Exam: December 5, 2015, 8:30am – Included with tuition. Other sites provided at additional cost.
- Cognitive Exam will be scheduled by student through NREMT and Pearson Vue