Coming to Patient Access Training?
The following information is for students coming to training courses in the Republic Plaza building.
If you are unable to attend, please contact the Patient Access Helpdesk at (434)-924-2300 to reschedule
Class starts promptly at the designated time, so please try to arrive a few minutes early
Participants arriving more than 20 minutes late will be asked to reschedule for another course session
If a class is missed the entire course must be retaken
If UVA Medical Center “the hospital” calls an inclement weather event, meaning only designated staff are to report, Patient Access Training classes are to be cancelled. Once UVA returns to normal operating we will reschedule classes.
- Participants who work at UVa Hospital East/West or Jefferson Park Avenue are asked to park in their usual locations and walk to Republic Plaza.
- Participants who work at KCRC, Northridge, and any other offsite location other than UVa Hospital East/West or Jefferson Park Avenue may park in the 11th Street parking garage in levels 3 or higher. Please produce your parking stub to your class trainer for validation. The map designates the garage location in proximity to Republic Plaza.
- Please note the parking garage across from the hospital is reserved
for patients and their families only. Please do not park in this
- Parking at Republic Plaza is strictly prohibited with the exception of handicap parking. Those participants with physical disabilities are able to park at Republic Plaza in the designated spaces. Please contact the Patient Access Helpdesk (434) 924-2300 if you have questions.
- If you wish to GPS our location our address is: 855 West Main St. Charlottesville, Va 22903
What to bring to class:
- Participant ID Badge is required
- Pen/pencil and any other note taking items
- Please dress in light attire for your comfort, the training room tends to be warm
There are vending machines located in the break room area that take cash only
- Our full day classes only provide a 30 minute lunch break so it is recommended that you pack your lunch on these days. You are welcome to use our lunch room. Eating and drinking is prohibited in the classroom.
- Do not take any of the competencies assigned in Netlearning labeled Patient Access. These are instructor led courses, and the competency cannot be attempted until all coursework has been completed.