- Created a tool to track suggestions/questions sent to the MCEC that is reviewed by Administration monthly.
- Department Managers present at our meetings so that employees see new initiatives in other departments. This is an opportunity to engage and learn about areas in the Health System.
- Participated in two successful charity drives this year: Governor's Bowl Food and Fund Drive, and collected donations for the Medical Center's Hospitality House.
- Organized a team and took part in the United Way Laurence E. Richardson Day of Caring 2012!
- Revised the MCEC By-laws.
- Organized a very successful food drive
- Merged to an updated representative structure
- Organized a children's book drive
- Council representatives participated in various focus groups
- Representatives helped promote the first (and very successful) UTeam meeting
- The council gained approval to send out minutes via Helpdesk email in order to ensure delivery to all employees
- Further increased Senior Leadership participation at council meetings
- Selected employee council members to serve on the Diversity and Environmental/Sustainability committees
- Two employee council members were selected to serve on the Commuting Action Team
- The council sponsored a team for the Day of Caring
- Representatives continued to serve as ambassadors for the employee engagement survey
- All representatives served as ambassadors for the employee engagement survey, presenting information at staff meetings and answering employees' questions. The survey ended with a 82% response rate.
- Two employee council representatives were selected to serve on the Smoking Cessation Task Force
- Eight representatives and alternates served on the 2008 Employee Engagement Task Forces
- The Council chose to focus energy this year on evaluating the effectiveness of the group, restructuring meetings and providing tools to members to better serve their areas. Some examples are listed below:
- Examined scope of what the council addresses, format of the meetings, and what the group would like to accomplish
- Evaluated the issues the council would address, how to involve employees with the concerns they submit, and created guidelines to assist with this process
- March 9, 2007: Bank of America ATM installed near West Cafeteria. Employee Council presented the request to the appropriate departments and worked closely with them to finalize installation.
- September 2007: Representatives served as ambassadors for the employee engagement survey. Individuals attended staff meetings for departments they represented to explain the process and address questions or concerns. In assisting with the hospital-wide campaign, the response rate for the survey was an astounding 74%.
- April 3, 2006: Linen Services replaced current adult patient gowns on all linen carts with the newly adopted snap arm gowns.
- Developed a list of notary publics within the Medical Center to be posted on the website.
- Developed and implemented Medical Center Employee Discount Program.
- Worked with Patient and Guest Services to provide assistance to employees who enter the parking garage via the 2nd floor. Installed phone and signage.
- Worked with Nutrition Services to provide suggestion boxes in the East and West Cafeterias.
- Worked with Administration to increase athletic subsidy from $25 to $50.
- Revamped the Travel Program to include day trips under $100.
- Created additional travel opportunities by teaming with GE Fanuc (Linda Beverly).