Fluoroscopy is radiology guided injections to alleviate pain or identify the origin of pain. This procedure is minimally invasive but requires post-exam monitoring.
Screening Questions: You will be asked to complete a screening form at the time of registration or complete the form and bring it with you to your appointment.
UVA Imaging uses Fluoroscopy for:
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Spine Procedures
- Facet injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Joint Injections & Aspirations
- Small joint (hand, wrist, foot, ankle)
- Large joint (hip, shoulder, knee)
- Ganglia (aspirations & injections)
- Plantar fascia
- Diagnostic Arthrograms: An arthrogram is a fluoroscopy procedure to inject a contrast dye into a joint combined with an MRI or CT. The contrast dye highlights the area being scanned and assists in obtaining the best diagnostic interpretation.