Learning Management System (LMS) NetLearning
Learning Management System (LMS)/NetLearning
The Health System's LMS serves multiple purposes:
- Registration for classroom based education
- Hosts Mandatory Training modules
- Hosts department or role based training modules
- Hosts skill testing
- Documents individual, offsite, non-academic education activities
- Tracks compliance for TB and fit testing
Login to NetLearning
Managers or designees who:
- Assigns modules
- Documents unit-based classes
- Registers staff for classes
- Runs compliance reports
- Checks individual transcripts
To become an administrative user, contact L & OD for training and access. firstname.lastname@example.org or 924-8390.
Create a Module for the LMS
Complete the module: Creating a module for the LMS - This module will assist you in developing your CBL. Information includes design, typography, embedded quizes and developing post-test questions.
Submit the items below to email@example.com. 326-7573.
We provide templates to streamline the development process for you. All forms and templates are found at O:\COD_S\Creating a Module for the LMS
- PowerPoint templates - Library of PowerPoints with embeded navigation buttons, slide counter, UVA formating, etc.
- Module submission form - Necessary to submit a module upload. A checklist provided to ensure your work is "camera ready".
- Test question spreadsheet - All modules must a at least one test question. Instructions for populating the spreadsheet are included in the header row.
- Educational needs assessment - Do not submit. Keep for your department records.
Free Image Support
Taking images from the web, unless permissions have been granted, may result in copy write infringement. Always check the permissions on sites such as Flickr or only use a open sources content.
The Library Image Resource (Health Sciences Library) provides access to over 20 images repositories including anatomy, physiology, general science, social and UVA specific files.
Microsoft Office Online provides clipart and photo images at no charge. To access from MS Word, PowerPoint, etc., select "Insert" from the toolbar, select "Picture", then "Clipart".