Working in a Level 1 Trauma Center with an annual patient volume of more than 61,000, UVA Emergency Services nurses care for the most challenging trauma patients in central Virginia. Commitment to education and the advancement of quality care are trademarks of our department. As an Emergency nurse, you will be provided with the resources to work at the highest levels of efficiency in a highly collaborative, respectful environment.
Emergency Services at UVA includes:
- A 23-bed Adult Emergency Department
- A 7-bed Pediatric Emergency Room
- A 5-bed Chest Pain Center
- A 6-bed Express Care Center
- Pegasus - helicopter flight program and critical care ground unit