We take pride in all of our healthcare professionals that are employed at UVA Medical Center. To begin the process of hiring great healthcare professionals, all open positions must undergo the following hiring process.
- Each department must determine the need for a new or replacement position.
- All positions must be approved by the Medical Center's FTE Committee.
- Department managers will meet with their appropriate Recruiter to discuss a strategic recruitment plan to fill the position.
- Key requirements needed from the position, special qualifications and skills are reviewed. This will aide HR in posting the position.
- All positions are posted on UVA Medical Center's Careers website for a minimum of five days.
- All current employees and external applicants that meet the minimum qualifications for an open position are encouraged to apply. This ensures that we have a talented and diverse applicant pool. Applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will be notified via email. All applicants will be able to check the status of their application(s) by logging onto the Careers website.
- The hiring manager will work with the Recruiter to select applicants to interview. Applicants that are not selected for an interview will be notified via email.
- Once interviewed, the hiring manager will communicate to the Recruiter which qualified applicant is selected for the position.
- The Recruiter will check references furnished by the applicant.
- Upon the receipt of successful references, an job offer is extended.