October Meeting Minutes
Date: October 15, 2009
Time: 10:00 am
Place: McKim Hall, VP Conference Room 3001
Representatives in Attendance: Johy Betts; Leslie Yowell, June Wade, Della Marsh, Andrea McNeely; Ida Garrison; Ruth Dudley; Debbie Boggs; Cathy Pasternak; Adrienne Granitz; Regina Seitz; Shae Berghuis; Christi Maguire; Lelia Gibson
I. Call to Order: Meeting was called to order by Johy Betts.
II. Guest Speakers:
Jim Fitzgerald - Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign Representative
The Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) runs through Friday, December 11, 2009. Verbiage been toned down this year due to everyone's financial situation with no raises and the recessed economy. They are using "no guilt" language. CVC is a vehicle of giving to nearly 1,300 charities. The Virginia State Employee Fund (VSEEF) has been created for State employees who are in financial need as a result of an emergency, recent crisis, or death of a loved one. Grants awarded through the VSEEF are made possible by donations from State employees through the CVC campaign. If you want to donate, the CVC code number is 3040. Also the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA is not listed this year but you can give by entering code number 9513. Last year, employees pledged $936,000. If you have questions, please email Mr. Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the CVC website at http://www.virginia.edu/cvc/.
Anne Broccoli, Director, Office of University Benefits & Leave Center
Benefits open enrollment runs from November 2, 2009 through November 20, 2009. Below are some changes to the health insurance plan:
- In both programs, office visit copayments have increased. PCP office visits will be $20 as of January 1, 2010, and specialist office visits will be $40.
- Additional dental benefits for those with a diagnosis of maternity, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, transplant, and respiratory disease (one additional cleaning).
- Prescription changes in both programs, copayments for generic drugs remain the same. Brand name drugs will move from copayments to coinsurance. Brand name drugs purchased at retail will have a $100 deductible. Coinsurance is a fixed percentage of allowable you must pay towards the cost of covered services. Coinsurance accumulates toward a maximum out-of-pocket for coinsurance. The medical maximum out-of-pocket for coinsurance excludes deductibles, copayments, prescriptions, and dental.
- Retail pharmacy (30-day supply) is as follows: generic is $6; formulary brand is 20% after deductible; and non-formulary brand is 20% after deductible.
- Mail order (90-day supply) is as follows: generic is $14; formulary brand is 20%; and non-formulary brand is 20%.
- Specialty (30-day supply) is as follows: generic, formulary, non-formulary brand is 20% coinsurance.
- Mental health changes in both programs, mental health parity compliance which eliminates plan maximums to be in compliance with Federal Parity.
- Changes in high premium plan copayments - in-patient copayment is $300 (from $200) and emergency room and outpatient procedures will be $125 (from $75). Some services now covered at 100% will move to mirror other HP with deductible and coinsurance of 90%/10%. Some specialty diagnostic services will move to mirror other diagnostic services with deductible and 90%/10% coinsurance.
- Premiums for low premium program stayed the same but the high premium program increased as follows: single employee raised from $42 to $47; EE + child raised from $147 to $166; EE + spouse raised from $171 to $193; family raised from $327 to $370; and double state raised from $291 to $334.
- Reminder to drop ineligible dependents.
- Other open enrollment items are Davis Vision insurance; Chard Snyder flexible spending accounts; and tax deferred savings plan.
- All forms must be received by the UHR Office of Employee Benefits by 5:00pm, November 20. The fax number is 434-924-4486 and please keep fax confirmation sheet.
University Human Resources - Beth Reinhard
- Reminder that Election period for 2009 University Staff ends on October 30, 2009. Information sessions scheduled on October 16 (Newcomb Hall Commonwealth Room, 9-11am, October 19 (Newcomb Hall Commonwealth Room, 9-11am) and October 23 (168 Newcomb Hall, 9-11am).
- Lead@UVA performance evaluations runs from October 26 through December 18, 2009.
- Benefits Fair scheduled on November 12, 9am-2pm in Newcomb Hall.
Provost Office - John Teahan - no report
EOP - Brad Holland
- Open House scheduled on October 30, 2009, 12:00-4:00pm at Washington Hall, Hotel B on the East Range. Refreshments will be served.
IV. New Business: None
V. Old Business: None
VI. Committee Reports: None
VII. Adjournment: Johy Betts adjourned the meeting. The next meeting is scheduled on November 19, 2009 at 10:00am.