March

HSAREC Meeting Minutes - March 2008

Date:  March 20, 2008                      

Time:  10:00 am

Place:  McKim Hall, VP Conference Room 3001

Representatives in Attendance:  Johy Betts, Lolita Bland, Della Marsh, Ruth Dudley, June Wade, David Smith, Mike Wilson, Leslie Yowell, Christina Melton, Jennifer Roff, and Terry Bennett.

I. Call to Order: Meeting was called to order by Johy Betts.

II. Reports: Beth Reinhard announced that the Restructuring Task Force meetings are winding down. Career Path details are due later this month. At the end of April, the results of the task force findings will be available for about two months for public comment.

      During the Executive Committee of the Employee Communication Councils meeting in February, it was announced that the University is looking to switch Classified and University staff employees to a bi-weekly payroll upon the implementation of an online Time and Attendance system.  This payroll mode might begin in the Spring/Summer of 2009.  Please send an e-mail with any comments to Darrell Kozuch (djk8q) or Beth Reinhard (ear3b).

III. Guest Speaker: none

IV. New Business: Council expressed interest/concern in the system-wide conversion to Outlook exchange. It was noted that several departments have their own internal email communication software.

Council representative Christina Melton mentioned having some type of recognition for Administrative Professionals on or around Administrative Professionals Day (April 23) by posting signs in the cafeterias or sending out a university/health system-wide blast email.  Beth Reinhard informed council that she would look into possible ways to help promote Administrative Professionals Day on/around April 23.   

Discussion was then directed to improving the structure of future council meetings by mapping out a year-long list of speakers to invite to our meetings.  Co-chair, Terry Bennett, provided last year's speaker list and asked for additional topics and guests.  She will provide a list of guest speakers, in order of priority, which will be sent to members for their comments.  Council was also asked to provide any feedback on possible ways to improve the HSAREC website.            

V. Old Business: Council discussed how the recent tornado drill was ill-prepared.

Several council representatives were interested in learning about feedback from the Leadership Conference.  Terry Bennett will contact Susan Chisholm to help gather some information.

VI. Committee Reports: None.

VII. Adjournment:  Johy Betts adjourned the meeting.  The next meeting is scheduled for April 17, 2008.