Issues of Concern for Caregivers
NEW!: Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer's Disease is the first training resource of its kind for caregivers, providing a step-by-step method for caring for loved ones with Alzheimer's disease. Available as a DVD and webcast, the FREE program, http://www.alzcast.org, recreates many of the daily situations that caregivers may encounter and provides coaching for each of these activities based on best practices developed by The Copper Ridge Institute, affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Avoiding Caregiver Burnout. From the American Geriatrics Society's Foundation for Health in Aging, a guide to preventing caregiver burnout.
- Is it time to stop driving?
- Depression in the elderly
- What are the warning signs of poor nutrition?
- Getting a Good Night's Sleep
- Urinary Incontinence
- Long Distance Caregiving. From the Elder Caregiving Series sponsored by UVA Senior Services and the Faculty and Employee Assistance Program.
Resources for Caregivers of Elders. A comprehensive list of area resources to assist you in your caregiving role, including support groups, home health care and medical equipment. "Tips for Caregivers".
NEW!: Family Caregiver Alliance Introduces Fact Sheet on Caregiver Health.