Medical Emergency Response
Emergency Services operationally coordinates and synchronizes a complex network of emergency response systems to assure medical emergencies throughout the Health System continuum are managed effectively and with a standardized response.
Overview of Response
Code 12 Team
– Medic V
Emergency Response Teams
– Adult (MET)
– Pediatric (PERT)
– Neonate (NERT)
– Behavorial (BERT)
Public Access AED
Medical Emergency Education
Medical Emergency Response Sub-committee (formerly Resuscitation Sub-committee)
Sustain a comprehensive medical emergency response network by;
- Continuously monitor the readiness status of prehospital and in-hospital assets on-call.
- Maintaining standardized concepts of operation and clinical guidelines among all teams while recognizing the unique capabilities within each team.
- Facilitate the acquisition of common supplies and equipment wherever possible to ensure a consistent and predictable response throughout the Health System continuum.
- Conduct quality reviews of Code 12 responses at the instituional level and facilitate the sharing of quality indicators and performance metrics for prehospital and in-hospital assets.
- Develop, review and revise policy to assure medical emergency response and training is provided in all areas of the expanded health system.