The emergency transport team, Medic V, is based at 1205 Stoney Ridge Road and services the medical center and its satellite facilities.
Medic V provides both Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Life Support (ALS) services to the University Health System.
Their mission is to:
- Answer all "911" calls for TCH, Out patient Surgery Center, Primary Care Center, Private UVA Clinics, Hospital West, Rio Pediatrics, Jordan Hall, Stacey Hall & Annex, Student Health, Link areas, Medical Research 4, Townside, McKim Hall, University Hospital, Old Medical School, Forrest Lakes, Crossroads, Fontaine Research Park, UVA Health South, North Garden Family Physicians and Northridge
- Provides Bariatric Transport Services
- Provide transport for unstable patients from Martha Jefferson Hospital to UVA Hospital
- Cover responder calls in all areas contiguous with the Medical Center Provide ALS and BLS transportation for Code 12 team and patients in the multistory building
- Provide EMS Services to Greene County and Buckingham County Assist the Charlottesville-Albermarle Rescue Squad with mutual aid.