The Emergency Management Program is managed by the Emergency Management Director and an Emergency Management Work Group. The Safety and Security Sub-Committee provides programmatic oversight, policy direction, and the synchronization of Emergency Management Program efforts with other UVA-HS committee and sub-committee staff actions. The Emergency Management Program is designed to accomplish the objectives outlined below.
- Complete an annual Hazard Vulnerability Analysis.
- Develop and maintain an Emergency Operations Plan.
- Organize and implement drills and exercises.
- Address Joint Commission elements of performance to meet or exceed standards through the assessment of performance indicators.
- Provide educational opportunities for employees at all levels in order to establish and sustain Emergency Management competencies.