PEDIATRIC DIETITIAN POSITION
University of Virginia Health System
(Level I Tertiary Care/Trauma Center/teaching hospital)
This position is a 40 hour, full time salaried position. This position:
- Will provide Pediatric Floor Coverage
- Assessments and Reassessments of infants and children
- Discharge and interdisciplinary team rounds
- Provide coverage for pediatric team RDs to include the pediatric floors and PICU as needed.
- Will provide outpatient counseling services
- Specialty clinics such as Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy, Feeding Encouragement Clinic, Diabetes
- Participation in care coordination activities
- Cross cover other disease states such as pediatric renal or GI
- Healthcare team education
- Serve as preceptor to 12 dietetic interns within pediatric rotation
- Involves working closely with the entire pediatric team including performance improvement initiatives, education projects, and multidisciplinary rounds
- May cross-train to cover adult floors as needed
We are seeking a RD who:
- Has demonstrated the ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team.
- Has a working knowledge of the pediatric population and their specific needs.
- Has a strong interest in pursuing pediatric nutrition-related research, presentations and publishing.
- Has experience with pediatric nutrition support (CNSC or CSP preferred)
- MS or MPH preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience
EOE and AAE M/F/D/V
Interested? Contact Wendy Phillips, MS, RD, CNSC, CLE at firstname.lastname@example.org