How to Make An Appointment
- Non UVA Employees Click here to fill out a simple form to start the process! UVA employees please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call 434 243-4749 or email email@example.com, to contact our office manager, Robert Fitzgerald.
- We welcome both self-referral and physician referral for most
- Physician referral is required to see the digestive health dietitians
- UVA employees/spouses enrolled in the UVa Health Plan: one complimentary Nutritional Consultation per lifetime is a Hoo's Well benefit. Please self-schedule your visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subsequent visits for on-going care or physician referral are available for a $40 copay & can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com.
Payment & Insurance
- Insurance coverage and payment varies. If insurance does not cover the service, clients will be responsible for payment. Your copay is due at the time of service.
- We bill insurance for physician referred consultations for diabetes and end stage kidney disease.
- We do not bill insurance for any other health condition without an insurance authrorization number for the visit.
- Effective Jan 1, 2012 Aetna will cover nutrition counseling for most medical conditions with a physician referral. Patients are responsible for the specialist co-pay.
- UVA provides a 20% discount for self-paying clients. Initial 60 minute consultation is $120. Follow-up varies with length of visit.
- We accept patients who are eligible for UVA’s Patient Financial Assistance program/UVA discount pay ranges 1-6.
- If your insurance does not cover medical nutrition therapy for obesity it is tax deductible as a health care expense.
When you arrive please register at the registration hub in the main lobby before coming to our clinic. You will be expected to pay your insurance co-pay or the cost of the visit, depending on insurance, at that time. Please check the appointment we send you in the mail to see how much you will be required to pay.
You may use your receipt and pursue reimbursement with your insurance company. (It may be helpful to have a physician prescription for MNT-Medical Nutrition Therapy) to submit with your claim.
Specialty Group Training and Classes
- Group classes are generally an out-of-pocket expense, but cost significantly less than individual appointments.
- We do not submit insurance for our existing specialty group training classes.