Christie Moulder, MS, RD, CNSC
Surgical Nutrition Support Specialist
Department of Nutrition Services
University of Virginia Health System
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Phone: (434) 982-4925
Fax: (434) 982-3957
Education and Training:
- Dietetic Internship - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 2008
- Master of Science in Clinical Dietetics and Nutrition - University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 2008
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Spanish - Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, May 2005
Professional Affiliations and Certifications:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP)
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN)
- Virginia Chapter of ASPEN (President)
- Board Certified in Nutrition Support (CNSC)
Professional Publications and Presentations:
- Rogers C. Postgastrectomy nutrition. Nutr Clin Pract. 2001 Apr;26(2):126-136.
- "Nutritional Challenges of Patients with Upper GI Cancers" at the 2012 Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group Symposium: New Frontiers in Oncology Nutrition in Dallas, Texas, April 2012.
- Rogers C. Nutritional Management of the Adult with Cystic Fibrosis: Part I. Practical Gastroenterology. 2013; 113:10-24.
- Rogers C. Nutritional Management of the Adult with Cystic Fibrosis: Part II. Practical Gastroenterology.2013; 114: 13-24.
- "Considerations for Nutrition Support in the Adult with Cystic Fibrosis". University of Virginia Health System and Morrison Management Webinar, April 2013.
- Roundtable Facilitator: "Meeting the Research Competencies within our Nutrition and Dietetics Programs". Area 6&7 Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors Meeting, April 2013.
- "Nutrition Support for the Adult with Cystic Fibrosis". Nutrition Support Update, Virginia Chapter of ASPEN Annual Conference, November 2013.
Clinical and Management Program Faculty
The clinical and community program faculty are Registered Dietitians and highly qualified clinicians and educators. Our faculty have qualifications such as:
- Advanced degrees - 65% of our RDs have Master's Degrees, and two faculty members, including the Program Director, are pursuing doctoral degrees.
- Specialty training and certification - Dietitians at UVA specialize in particular disease states and patient populations, such as pediatrics, diabetes, transplant, renal, and nutrition support. Many staff members have certifications from the National Board for Nutrition Support Certification (the Nutrition Support Clinician credential) and from the Commission on Dietetics Registration, including Certified Specialists in Pediatrics, Oncology, Renal, and Sports Dietetics.
- Expertise and training not only in advanced nutrition practice but also in the education of dietetic interns and other dietetics professionals. Preceptors receive yearly training updates on effective precepting methods and learner-focused teaching principles.
- Speaking and presenting experience at the local, state, national, and international level - Many preceptors have presented sessions at national conferences such as Clinical Nutrition Week (most recently in Vancouver, British Columbia), ADA's Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo, and the National Kidney Foundation Meetings.
- Professional writing in peer-reviewed publications - Our preceptors are routinely published in well-known peer-reviewed publications, such as Nutrition in Clinical Practice, Practical Gastroenterology, and The Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
- Local and national awards - Our preceptors are, time after time, recognized for their outstanding achievements in the field of nutrition and education:
- Kate Willcutts, MS, RD, CNSC was recently awarded the 2011 UVA School of Nursing Anne Pollok Hemmings Faculty Clinical Excellence Award
- Joe Krenitsky, MS, RD was honored with the 2011 ASPEN Distinguished Nutrition Support Dietitian - Advanced Clinical Practice Award
- Carol Parrish, MS, RD was recognized with the Morrison Management Specialists 2010 Clinical Excellence Award.
The program faculty also includes the administrative and management staff. Many of the managers have received specialized training in the Culinary Arts, and many have extensive experience in both institutional and hotel/restaurant foodservice management.