How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for the internship program, students must have a bachelor's degree in nutrition or another related field (i.e.. biology, chemistry, psychology) with completion of the Academy's Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements.
The UVA Health System Dietetic Internship Program participates in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) and in the computer matching process through D&D Digital.
1) Complete the online DICAS application form at https://portal.dicas.org/ by the DICAS deadline. Pay required fees as indicated on the DICAS website.
2) In the personal essay on the DICAS website, address questions required by DICAS. In addition, address why you are applying to the UVA Health System program.
3) Submit original transcripts from each school attended as instructed to the DICAS office:
DICAS Transcript Department
4) Supplemental materials should be submitted directly to the program (UVA Health System Dietetic Internship Program, Nutrition Services, Box 800673, Charlottesville, VA 22908)
5) Register for Computer Matching through D&D Digital's website. Registration with the computer matching service requires a $50 fee, which can be paid online. Submit match preferences by the given deadline.
6) If you are successfully matched to our program, you will need to forward 2 copies of your original transcripts showing date of degree conferral (month, date, and year) for all degrees. Transcripts will also need to be submitted from any institutions at which you completed coursework that counted towards your DPD requirements. You will also need to submit an original verification statement. More information will follow on submission of these materials once the match decision is made.
Personal Visit & Tour
A personal interview is not required as part of the application procedure. Students are strongly encouraged to attend the scheduled Open House; if this is not feasible, individual visits may be arranged. Students interested in taking a tour should contact the program director, Ana Abad-Jorge, MS, RD, CNSC at email@example.com. Tours may be available during the Fall depending on the availability of the director or the internship coordinator. The visit will not impact your application to the program.
For additional information, please
Christie Moulder, MS, RD, CNSC at firstname.lastname@example.org (434) 982-4925