Chair: Robert Boyle, M.D.
The Transfusion Subcommittee is responsible for ensuring the safe and effective use of blood and blood products. This Committee reports to the Clinical Staff Executive Committee.
Membership: The Blood Bank Medical Director, The Blood Bank Manager and Quality Coordinator, Representatives from Administration, Hematology-Oncology, Neonatal ICU, Patient Care Services, Anesthesia, and other service as recommended by the committee Chair.
Staff support is provided by Blood Bank Administration.
Meetings: The Transfusion Subcommittee will meet as deemed necessary by the Chair, but not less than quarterly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes criteria and monitors blood and blood product usage for appropriate utilization
- Provides recommendations regarding patient and staff education
- Reviews and analyzes transfusion reactions
- Oversees operational and clinical practices to ensure compliance to regulatory standards dictated by outside agencies such as the Joint Commission and FDA
- Participates in the review of outside sources of blood and the performance of those suppliers based upon recommendations made by the Director of the Blood Bank
- Participates in the review of the relationships among the Blood Bank, the public, and other Medical Center departments
- Collaborates with other committees and departments as needed to ensure the safe and effective use of blood and blood products
- Provides an annual report to the Clinical Staff Executive Committee
|Robert Boyle, M.D., Chair||Pediatrics|
|Fritz J. Angle, M.D.||Interventional Radiology|
|Tom Brady, MT
|Joan Britten, MT
|Barbara Castro, M.D.||Anesthesiology|
|Pam Clark, M.D.||Pathology|
|Duncan DeSouza, M.D.||Anesthesiology|
|Micheal Jaeger, M.D., PhD
|Susanne Jeffus, M.D.
||Blood Drive Coordinator
|William Kanner, M.D.
|Gail Macik, M.D.||Hematology|
|Paul Mintz, M.D.||Pathology|
|LaQuita Pinchback, RN, MSN
||Nurse Manager, TCH
|Francis Shen, M.D.||Orthopaedics|
|Gay Wehrli, M.D.||Pathology|
|Richard Morse||Patient Records|
|Yvette Hammond, MT
|Kat Parsons||Facilitator, Pathology|