Medical Emergency Response Subcommittee
Administration: Penny Carlisle
Chair: William Brady, M.D.
The Medical Emergency Response Subcommittee is a multidisciplinary committee charged to coordinate and standardize effective resuscitative services throughout the Medical Center. This Subcommittee reports to the Critical Care Subcommittee, which reports to the Patient Care Committee.
Membership: Memberships includes representation from Life Support Learning, Anesthesia, Respiratory Therapy, Nursing, Medicine and others as recommended by the chair.
Staff Support is provided by the Life Support Learning Center.
Meetings: The Resuscitation Subcommittee shall meet as deemed necessary by the Chair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes benchmark and institutional data to evaluate outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Utilizes evidenced-based medicine and current literature to evaluate equipment, medications and supplies to standard processes and protocols related to resuscitation
- Provides institutional direction for education related to resuscitation
- Annually reviews existing policies and procedures related to resuscitation and makes recommendations for revisions
- Collaborates with other committees and departments to ensure effective resuscitative processes
- Provides regular reports to the Patient Care Committee via the Critical Care Subcommittee
|William Brady, M.D., Chair||Emergency Medicine|
|Mark Adams||Heart Center- CCU|
|Kostas Alibertis||Life Support Learning Center|
|Josh Barclay, M.D.
||Geriatrics and Palliative Care
|Frank Bartram||Renal Services - Lynchburg Dialysis|
|Thomas Berry||Director, Emergency Management|
|Karen Braden||Emergency Department|
|Kathy Butler||Trauma Coordinator|
|Mary Carson||Pain Management Center|
|Jeannean Carver, M.D.||Pediatrics|
||Director, Critical Care
|Barbara Craighead||Emergency Management|
||Adult Inpatient Services
|Stacy Crowell||Director, QPI|
|Gerald Donowitz, M.D.||Internal Medicine|
|Carlton Frazier||Emergency Transport|
|Sharon Esau, M.D.
||Pulmonary & Critical Care
|Daryl Gress, M.D.||Chair, Critical Care Subcommittee|
|Tim Hodge||Pegasus Network|
|John Knapp||Director, Clinical Engineering|
|Laura Lee, M.D.||Pediatrics|
|Stuart Lowson, M.D.||Anesthesiology|
|Dave Mayo||Core Clinical Services|
|Beth Mehring||Emergency Mangement|
|Blee Moffitt||MET Team|
|Peter Monteleone, M.D.||Medicine|
|Donald Moore||Chaplaincy Services|
|Leigh Ann Nordt
||Staffing Resource Office
|Greg Paquin||Heart Center, CCU|
|Peter Pollak, M.D.||Internal Medicine|
|Doreen Satterwhite||heart Center- Cadiac Cath Lab|
|Dale Shifflett||Materials Support|
|Joshua Smith, M.D.||Anesthesiology|
|Gil Somers||Life Support Learning Center|
|Marc Winstead||Life Support Learning Center|
|Santina Zanelli, M.D.||Clinical Pediatrics/Neonatology|