The Quality Committee is responsible for defining, prioritizing, overseeing and monitoring the performance improvement activities, including patient and environmental safety, within the Medical Center. The primary duties of the Quality Committee include analyzing and aggregating Institutional performance data, monitoring performance improvement efforts for effectiveness, and making recommendations to the Patient Care Council and the Clinical Staff Executive Committee for changes in clinical practice and to the Medical Center Executive Committee for changes in operations. The Quality Committee will coordinate the acquisition of performance improvement information and will interface with appropriate committees and departments/units of the Medical Center to improve organizational performance.
Co-chairs: Senior Associate Medical Officer, Quality and Chief Quality and Process Improvement Officer.
Members: Associate VP Hospital and Clinics Operations, CMO, CNO, CIO, CFO, CAO, ACMO Pediatrics, Medical Director of the ED, President of the Clinical Staff or designee, President of the Nursing Staff or designee, Performance Improvement Representative, and other leaders as appointed by the President of the clinical Staff and Chief Executive Officer of the Medical Center. Membership is selected so that all elements of the Health System are represented and therefore lines of accountability for quality activities can be clarified and observed for all major performance improvement initiatives.
The Performance Improvement Program provides staff support.
Meetings: The Quality Committee shall meet monthly or as otherwise deemed necessary by the Co-Chairs, but not less than quarterly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes performance improvement projects utilizing the strategic goals, institutional performance data and trends, and approved benchmark data.
- Individual members accept accountability for removing barriers, assigning resources and ensuring implementation and compliance for approved recommendations resulting from performance improvement projects
- Collaborates with other committees and departments to facilitate performance improvement and ensure compliance with Joint Commission standards, Medicare Conditions of Participation, and other regulatory performance improvement standards
- Monitors aggregate data on competence patterns and trends to identify and respond to Medical Center staff learning needs
- Provides Institutional direction and oversight for education related to performance improvement methods and projects
- Communicates performance improvement goals, activities and results via defined institutional communication processes
- Recognizes and celebrates successful performance improvement efforts
- Oversees, evaluates and revises the Performance Improvement Plan
- Provides an annual report to the Medical Center Operating Board on the effectiveness of the Performance Improvement Plan, and recommended revisions to the Plan
- Provides support and coordination of activities to resolve operational or service issues identified by the subcommittees
|Tracey Hoke, MD, Chair
||Chief, Quality & Performance Improvement
|Mark Abel, M.D.
|Stephen Borowitz, M.D.
|Randy Canterbury, M.D.
||Quality & Performance Improvement
|Barbara Castro, M.D.
||AVP Marketing & Strategy
||AVP Hospital & Clinics Operations
||Quality & Performance Improvement
|Kyle Enfield, M.D.
||Chief Nursing Officer
||AVP, Business Development & Finance
|Robert Gibson, M.D.
||President, Clinical Staff
|Larry Gimple, M.D.
|Mark Golub, M.D.
||Radiology & Medical Imaging
|John Hanks, M.D.
||Associate Chief, TCH
||Patient Safety & Risk Management
|Susan Kirk, M.D.
||Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education|
|Dan McCarter, M.D.
||Family Medicine/Medical Director, Regional Primary Care
|Lynn McDaniel, M.D.
|Gabrielle Marzani-Nissen, M.D.||Office of the CMO
||Interim Chief, Ambulatory Services
|Robert O'Connor, M.D.
|Mark Romness, M.D.
|Robert Sawyer, M.D.
|Costi Sifri M.D.
||Assoc Chief, UVA Children's Hospital
|Chris Ghaemmaghami, M.D.
||Interim Chief Medical Officer