Patient Safety Committee
Administration: Cheryl Skinner
Chair: Jeff Young, M.D.
The Patient Safety Committee is an interdisciplinary committee charged with the coordination and implementation of programs for ensuring patient safety within the Medical Center, including directing and overseeing proactive risk reduction and patient safety. This Committee conducts a survey of clinical and Medical Center staff to identify areas for improvement in the understanding of patient safety principles and actions. The Patient Safety Committee evaluates trends from quality reports, adverse event analysis and other sources and recommends appropriate actions to improve patient safety throughout the Medical Center.
Membership: Representation from Nursing, Medicine, Radiology, Pharmacy, Inpatient and Outpatient management, Administrative Services, Performance Improvement, Risk Management.
Staff Support is provided by the Performance Improvement Program.
Meetings: The Patient Safety Subcommittee shall meet monthly or as otherwise deemed necessary by the Chair, but not less than quarterly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes performance improvement projects related to patient safety and submits them to the Quality Council for approval.
- Monitors and analyzes aggregated, trended data and specific case reports related to patient safety such as Quality Reports, Risk Management reports, Sentinel and Significant event reviews and Sentinel event alerts
- Collaborates with other committees to improve patient safety and ensure compliance with the Joint Commission (TJC) standards, Medicare Conditions of Participation and other regulatory requirements related to patient safety
- Provides Institutional oversight and direction for staff and faculty education related to patient safety
- Defines content for patient and family education related to patient safety
- Ensures a process for appropriate patient and family participation in care planning and delivery to enhance safety
- Communicates patient safety goals and strategies for improvement via defined institutional communication processes
- Recognizes and celebrates successful performance improvement efforts related to patient safety
- Recommends policies and procedures related to patient safety
- Oversees, evaluates and revises the Patient Safety Plan
- Provides regular feedback to the Quality Council and an annual report to the Medical Center Operating Board regarding the effectiveness of the Patient Safety Plan and recommended revisions to the Plan
|Jeff Young, M.D., Chair
||Chief, Ancillary Services
||AVP for Hospital & Clinic Operations
||Administrator, Adult Inpatient Services
|Stacy Crowell||Director, Quality and Performance Improvement
||Chief Nursing Officer
|Chris Ghaemmaghami, M.D.
|Robert Gibson, M.D.
||President, Clinical Staff
|Mark Golub, M.D.
||Radiology & Medical Imaging, Quality Officer
|Rebecca Hill||Patient Safety & Risk Management|
|Tracey Hoke, M.D.
|Amanda Brown, RN, BSN, MSM, CIC
||Interim Administrator, Quality & Performance Improvement
||Patient Safety & Risk Management
|Jackie Loach, RN||Patient Safety & Risk Management|
|Susan Kirk, M.D.
|Gabrielle Marzani-Nissen, M.D.
||Office of the CMO
|Beth Mehring, RN
||Emergency Management, LSLC
|Patrick Reagan, M.D.
|Jon Truwit, M.D.
|Deb Wilmoth, RN||Patient Safety & Risk Management|
|Amanda Kleiman, MD
|Luke Kohan, MD
|Amanda Ramirez, MD
|Kenan Yount, MD