Patient Care Committee
Administration: Michael Marquardt, Office of CMO
Co-Chairs: Lorna Facteau, DNS, RN, and Chris Ghaemmaghami, M.D.
The Patient Care Committee is an interdisciplinary committee charged with coordination and implementation of the Plan for Provision of Care for both the inpatient and outpatient setting. This committee reports directly to the Clinical Staff Executive Committee and addresses clinical practice issues that extend beyond the scope of practice for a single professional discipline (medicine, including nutrition, nursing, pharmacy, therapies, social work, etc.) in all settings across the continuum of care.
Membership: Chief Clinical Officer (co-chair), Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs (co-chair) and Representation from clinical disciplines.
Meetings: The Patient Care Council shall meet monthly or as otherwise deemed necessary by the Chairs, but not less than quarterly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends practice standards for patient care across the continuum of care
- Provides oversight to practices related to anesthesia use outside of the OR setting
- Provides direction and oversight for an effective Patient Education process
- Provides organizational guidance regarding staff training and competency for clinical care
- Approves nutritional and other clinical procedures, protocols and guidelines
- Recommends clinical policies for approval
- Provides direction and oversight for the Critical Care Subcommittee and the Acute Care Subcommittee
- Approves and communicates criteria for competence in the various patient care settings
- Collaborates with the Quality Council to monitor and improve patient care
- Annually reviews and revises the Plan for Provision of Care and makes a report to the Medical Center Operating Board regarding the effectiveness of and recommended revisions to the Plan
|Lorna Facteau, DNSc, RN, Co-Chair||Chief Nursing Officer|
|Chris Ghaemmaghami M.D., Co-Chair||Chief Medical Officer|
||Adult Surgical Services
|Michael Jaeger, MD
|Bill Brady, M.D.
|Forrest Calland, M.D.
|Randy Canterbury, M.D.
||Adult Critical Care
|Daryl Gress, M.D.
|Jay Isbell, M.D.
|Stephanie Mallow Corbett
|Paul Matherne, M.D.
|Dan McCarter, M.D.
|Robert O'Connor, M.D.
||Interim Chief of Ambulatory Services
|Costi Sifri, M.D.
|Gabrielle Marzani-Nissan, MD
||Office of CMO