Graduate Medical Education Committee
Administration: Sarah Oh, PhD, Education Specialist
Chair: Susan Kirk, M.D., DIO, Associate Dean of GME
The Graduate Medical Education Committee oversees the quality of GME trainees' training and working envornment within the institution and the participating sites as regulated by the accreditation agencies, such as ACGME, AMA, AMC, NRMP.
Membership: The Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education will serve as Chair.
Staff support is provided by the GME Office.
Meetings: The Graduate Medical Education Committee shall meet as necessary but not less than quarterly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines and oversees the resident supervision process with respect to patient care
- Recommends new residency programs, revisions to existing programs or additional residency slots requested by program directors
- Establishes effective lines of communication with house staff to stay informed of issues that affect them; acts upon major issues of concern
- Evaluates existing rotations by house staff to other facilities and recommends changes and inclusion of rotations to new facilities
- Monitors quality and effectiveness of all residency training programs to ensure resident competency and safe patient care
- Ensures compliance to requirements established by the accrediting agencies
- Conducts regular internal reviews to ensure the facilities and resources are available to provide quality educational experiences and the regulatory requirements are met
- Annually reviews resident stipends and benefits and recommends changes as needed to the Chief Executive Officer
- Provides an annual report to the Clinical Staff Executive Committee and to the Medical Center Operating Board
|Susan Kirk, M.D., Chair (Associate Dean for GME)||Medicine/Endocrinology|
|Diane Farineau, Director
||Graduate Medical Education
|Kristin Atkins, M.D.
|Leigh Cantrell, M.D.||Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Scott Commins, M.D.
||Allergy & Immunology
|Thomas Cropley, M.D.||Dermatology|
|Richard Dacus, M.D.
|Zachariah Dameron, M.D.||Psychiatry & Neurobehavioral Sciences|
|Gerald Donowitz, M.D.||Medicine/Infectious Diseases|
|David Drake, M.D.||Plastic Surgery|
|Thomas Gampper, M.D.
|John Gazewood, M.D.||Family Medicine|
|Brain Hoard, D.D.S.||Dentistry|
|Tracey Hoke, MD
||Chief Quality Officer
|Sarah Oh, PhD
||GME Education Specialist|
|Jeff Jenkins, M.D.||Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
|Bradley Kesser, M.D.||Otolaryngology- Head & neck Surgery|
|Edward Nemergut, M.D.
|Reza Salajegheh, MD
|Saher Sabri, M.D.
|Robert G. Sawyer, M.D.||Surgery|
|Bruce Schirmer, M.D.||Surgery|
|Mark Shaffrey, M.D., Chair||Neurosurgery|
|Andy Southerland, M.D.
|Linda Waggoner-Fountain, M.D.||Pediatrics
|Rhett Willis, M.D.
|William Woods, M.D.
|Jeffrey Young, M.D.||Chief Patient Safety Officer