Clinical Information Technology Oversight Committee
Administration: Hana Vratna
Co-Chairs: Rick Skinner, CITO, and Michael A. Williams, MD, CMIO
The purpose of this committee is to provide coherent and consistent clinician oversight and direction to the continuous revision, improvement and evaluation of EpicCare and the other clinical information systems that comprise the Electronic Health Record (EHR) at the University of Virginia.
The specific charges of the committee are:
- Assure there is consistent and coherent clinician direction for modifications and enhancements to the EHR.
- Assure proposed modifications and enhancements to the EHR adhere to the guiding principles developed and approved by the clinical staff and the MCOB.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization about strategic directions for the ongoing management and development of the EHR.
- Evaluate, prioritize and approve the development and implementation of incremental modifications and enhancements in the functionality and operation of the EHR.
- Make recommendations to the organization about opportunities and practices that would support the capture, documentation, display, analysis and reporting of clinical information.
- Make recommendations to the organization about the education and training of clinicians around the use of the EHR.
The committee reports to the Clinical Staff Executive Committee (CSEC) and will provide updates on initiatives and significant decisions through that group. CITOC will have the authority to make decisions about use and configuration of the clinical information systems that comprise the EHR at the University of Virginia. Decisions that significantly influence clinical practice will require the approval of CSEC. Similarly, recommended changes to Health System policies will be routed to CSEC for approval.
|Rick Skinner, Co-chair||Chief Information Technology Officer|
|Michael A. Williams, M.D., Co-Chair||Chief Medical Information Technology Officer
|Reid Adams, MD||Surgical Specialties Representative to CSEC|
|Jim Amato, MBA||Chief, Ancillary Services|
|Bo Cofield, DrPH||
AVP, Clinics and Hospital Operations
|Lorna Facteau, RN, DNSc||Chief Nursing Officer|
|Larry Fitzgerald||AVP, Business Development and Finance|
|Cree Gaskin, MD||Hospital Based Specialties Representative to CSEC
|Chris Ghaemmaghami, MD||Interim CMO
|James Harrison, MD, PhD||Pathology/Laboratory Services|
|Brad Haws||CEO, UPG; Chief Administrative Officer/Sr. Assoc Dean, SOM|
|Tracey Hoke, MD||Chief Quality Officer|
|Jamie Hughes, RN||Co-Chair, Clinical Decision Support Subcommittee
|Jason Lyman, MD
||Co-Chair, Clinical Decision Support Subcommittee
|Sean Jackson||CIO, SOM and UPG|
|Susan Kirk, MD||Designated Institutional Officer, GME|
|G. Paul Matherne, MD||Pediatrics|
|Rafael Saenz, Pharm D||Pharmacy|
|John Voss, MD||Co-Chair, Clinical Reporting & Analytics Subcommittee
||Co-Chair, Clinical Informatics Subcommittee
||Co-Chair, Clinical Reporting & Analytics Subcommittee
|Lori Strauss, RN, MHA
||Chief Corporate Compliance and Privacy Officer|
|Michael D. Williams, MD
||Co-Chair, Medical Technology Subcommittee
||Director, Audit & Billing Quality, UPG
||Co-Chair, HIM Subcommittee
|Nancy McDaniel, MD
||Co-Chair, HIM Subcommittee
|Ronald Turner, MD
||Co-Chair, Clinical Research Committee
||Co-Chair, Clinical Research Committee|
||Co-Chair, Innovation Subcommittee|
|Arun Krishnaraj, MD
||Radiology & Medical Imaging
|John Dent, MD
||Medical Specialties Representative to CSEC
|Eric Charles, MD
|Kevin Dabrowski, MD