Clinical Information Technology Oversight Committee
Administration: Hana Vratna
Co-Chairs: Rick Skinner, CITO, and Jason Lyman, MD
The purpose of this committee is to provide coherent and consistent clinician oversight and direction to the continuous revision, improvement and evaluation of EpicCare and the other clinical information systems that comprise the Electronic Health Record (EHR) at the University of Virginia.
The specific charges of the committee are:
· Assure there is consistent and coherent clinician direction for modifications and enhancements to the EHR.
· Assure proposed modifications and enhancements to the EHR adhere to the guiding principles developed and approved by the clinical staff and the MCOB.
· Provide input and recommendations to the organization about strategic directions for the ongoing management and development of the EHR.
· Evaluate, prioritize and approve the development and implementation of incremental modifications and enhancements in the functionality and operation of the EHR.
· Make recommendations to the organization about opportunities and practices that would support the capture, documentation, display, analysis and reporting of clinical information.
· Make recommendations to the organization about the education and training of clinicians around the use of the EHR.
The committee reports to the Clinical Staff Executive Committee (CSEC) and will provide updates on initiatives and significant decisions through that group. CITOC will have the authority to make decisions about use and configuration of the clinical information systems that comprise the EHR at the University of Virginia. Decisions that significantly influence clinical practice will require the approval of CSEC. Similarly, recommended changes to Health System policies will be routed to CSEC for approval.
|Rick Skinner, Co-chair||Chief Information Technology Officer|
|Jason Lyman, M.D., Co-Chair||Dept of Health Evaluation Sciences|
|Reid Adams, MD||Surgical Specialties Representative to CSEC|
|Jim Amato, MBA||Chief, Ancillary Services|
|Bo Cofield, DrPH||
AVP, Clinics and Hospital Operations
|Lorna Facteau, RN, DNSc||Chief Nursing Officer|
|Larry Fitzgerald||AVP, Business Development and Finance|
|Scottie Frey||Administrator, Health Information Services|
|Cree Gaskin, MD||Radiology & Medical Imaging|
|Chris Ghaemmaghami, MD||Emergency Medicine|
|James Harrison, MD, PhD||Pathology/Laboratory Services|
|Brad Haws||CEO, UPG; Chief Administrative Officer/Sr. Assoc Dean, SOM|
|Tracey Hoke, MD||Chief Quality Officer|
|Jamie Hughes, RN||Administrator, Epic Systems|
|Sean Jackson||CIO, SOM and UPG|
|Susan Kirk, MD||Designated Institutional Officer, GME|
|B. Gail Macik, MD||Medical Specialties Representative to CSEC|
|G. Paul Matherne, MD||Pediatrics|
|Rafael Saenz, Pharm D||Pharmacy|
|Reza Salajegheh, MD||Housestaff Council Co-President|
|Jonathon Truwit, MD||Chief Medical Officer|
|John Voss, MD||General Medicine and Primary Care Representative|
|Rhett Willis, MD||Housestaff Council Co-President|