Children's Hospital Clinical Practice Committee
The UVA Children’s Hospital Practice Committee is an interdisciplinary committee charged with coordination and implementation of the Plan for Provision of Care for children in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. This Committee addresses clinical practice issues that extend beyond the scope of practice for a single professional discipline (e.g., pediatric medicine and surgery, nutrition, nursing, pharmacy, therapies, social work, etc.) in all settings across the continuum of care. The Committee is responsible for review, coordination, and submission of policies and practices that directly impact all aspects of the clinical and family-centered care of children. The Committee provides organizational guidance regarding faculty, staff, resident, nursing, and other clinician training and competency for the clinical care of children.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and recommends practice standards for the care of children in a family-centered care environment across the continuum of care
- Provides direction and oversight for an effective patient and family-centered care education process
- Provides organizational guidance regarding faculty, staff, resident, nursing, and other clinician training and competency for the clinical care of children in a family-centered care environment
- Approves clinical procedures, protocols and guidelines that directly impact the care of children
- When clinical policies or guidelines affect all areas of the Children's Hospital, maintains written policies and procedures
- Review and makes recommendations to clinical policies submitted by other standing CSEC Committees to ensure practices relating to children's issues are addressed appropriately
- Solicits and reviews the minutes and reports generated from the various CSEC Committees and Subcommittees; provides feedback and makes recommendations as required; communicates information to CH faculty and staff
- Provides direction and oversight for the Patient and
Family-Centered Care Subcommittee
|Talissa Altes, M.D.
|Janet Allaire, Co-Chair
||CH Director of Outpatient Services
|Susan Anderson, M.D.
|Marcia Buck, Pharm D
|Jeannean Carver, M.D.
||Critical Care Pediatrics, PICU Medical Director
|Erin Chiu, M.D.
||Pediatric Chief Resident
|Norma Dobbins||UVA CH Patient and Family-Centered Care Subcommittee Chair|
||Emergency Medicine - RN Resuscitation
|Timothy Hicks, RRT
|Tracey Hoke, M.D., Co-Chair
||Associate CMO, CH Quality Committee
||Facilitator, CH Office
|David Kaufman, M.D.
||NICU Co-Medical Director
|Paul Matherne, M.D.
||Heart Center Medical Director, Pediatric Cardiology
|George McDaniel, M.D.
||Pediatric Cardiology, Specialty Clinic Medical Director
|Eugene McGahren, M.D.
|Kenneth Norwood, M.D.
|Sarah Roberts, NP
||Surgical and Peri-Operative Services
|Robert Sinkin, M.D., MPH
|Sheila Smith, RN
||Associate Chief of CH
|Julia Taylor, M.D.
||Outpatient Manager - PEDS
||CH Nursing Practice Committee Chair
|William Woods, M.D.||Emergency Medicine Representative|