Chair: David Brenin, M.D.
The Cancer Committee oversees the cancer care delivered within the Medical Center and reports to the Clinical Staff Executive Committee. The Committee promotes a coordinated multidisciplinary approach to patient care management and ensures that an active, supportive care system is in place for patients, families and staff, and will follow the requirements outlined in the most current American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Program Standards.
Membership: The Cancer Committee shall be composed of at least one board certified Physician representative from Surgery, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Diagnostic Radiology, Pathology and Cancer Liaison Physician. Non-physician membership includes Administration, Nursing, Social Services, Cancer Registry, and Quality Assurance.
Staff support is provided by Cancer Center Administration.
Meetings: The Cancer Committee shall meet as necessary but at least quarterly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with institutional committees and departments
- Develops and evaluates the annual goals and objectives for the clinical educational and programmatic activities related to cancer
- Ensures that educational and consultative cancer conferences cover all major sites and related issues
- Ensures that an active supportive care system is in place for patient families and staff
- Monitors, manages and improves performance through completion of initiatives that focus on quality, access to care and outcomes
- Promotes clinical research
- Supervises the cancer registry and ensures accurate and timely abstracting, staging and follow-up reporting
- Monitors quality control of cancer registry data
- Encourages data usage and regular reporting
- Provides an annual report prior to November 1 that meets required ACOS standards
- Upholds medical ethical standards
|David Brenin, M.D., Chair||Surgery|
||Cancer Center Quality Improvement
|Rev. Mildred Best
||Chaplaincy & Pastoral Education
|Annemarie Clemente, M.D.||Social Worker|
||Cancer Conference Coordinator
|Patrick Dillon, M.D.
|Linda Duska, M.D.
||Cancer Center Administrator
|Carole Havrila, RD||Nutritional Services|
|Daryll Heisler, RN
|Joanna Horn, MS, CGC
||Genetic Counselor, Cancer Center
|Tamila Kindwall-Keller, MD
||Stem Cell Transplant Program
|Christopher Moskaluk, M.D.||Pathology|
|Anna Parker, M.D.
|Gina Petroni, Ph.D.||Public Health Services
|Gospova Radakovic M.D.
|Paul Read, M.D.||Radiation Oncology|
|Patrice Rehm, M.D.
|Anneka Schroen, M.D.
||Community Outreach Coordinator
|Akeesha Shah, M.D.
|Geoffrey Weiss, M.D.||Cancer Center Deputy Director|