Events Calendar - Health System
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Effective Coping and Communication Skills
- Double Tree Hotel, Charlottesville Virginia
- Class Continuing Medical Education
- Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences
- The distressed or disruptive physician is an emerging issue for all who are concerned about physician wellness, positive outcomes in patient care, and a healthy working environment for the entire healthcare team.
Dr. John Schorling, Dr. Kim Penberthy and Dr. Nassima Ait-Daoud from the Departments of Internal Medicine and Psychiatry & Neurobehavioral Sciences have collaborated to provide a continuing medical education (CME) course for distressed physicians. The ECCS program was developed at the University of Virginia Health System because of the belief that these physicians could be helped in an educational environment.
The mission of the UVA Effective Coping and Communication Skills for Physicians Program is for all physicians, and especially those who are distressed or disruptive, to have an opportunity to learn new behavioral skills to help them function optimally in an increasingly complex medical environment, document specific behavioral changes and maintain their position and privileges in their practice or hospital staff.
- Yes, no credit
- Dr. John Schorling Dr. Kim Penberthy Dr. Nassima Ait-Daoud
- Kim Penberthy Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences firstname.lastname@example.org