- 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Department of Economics Merrick Lecture: The Future of Medicare
- Monroe Hall 120
- Professor Jonathan Skinner is the James O. Freedman Professor in the economics department at Dartmouth, and a professor with the Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice at the Geisel School of Medicine. He received his PhD in Economics from UCLA and taught at the University of Virginia from 1981 to 1995. In 2001 he was awarded the first Dartmouth Student Council teaching award, and in 2007 was elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences. He is also a research associate with the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) in Cambridge, MA and a former editor-in-chief of the Journal of Human Resources. His research interests include the economics of government transfer programs, technology growth and disparities in health care, and the savings behavior of aging baby boomers.
Reception to follow: 5:00 - 6:00 PM.
- Jonathan Skinner James O. Freedman Professor of Economics Dartmouth College
- No registration is necessary
- Leora Friedberg Economics 924-3225 firstname.lastname@example.org