Events Calendar - Health System
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- CVRC Seminar, Ken Fujise, MD, "Fortilin, a Cardiovascular Molecule"
- MR5 1005
- Cardiovascular Research Center
- "Fortilin, a Cardiovascular Molecule."
Fortilin is a 172 amino-acid, nuclear-cytosol shuttle protein with potent apoptotic function. Dr. Fujise's laboratory has characterized the molecule for the last 11 years. This presentation summarizes the role of fortilin in cardiovascular diseases.
- Ken Fujise, M.D. Director, Division of Cardiology; Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory; Director, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program; Chair, Cardiology Leadership Council; Professor of Medicine and of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; John Sealy Distinguished Centennial Chair in Cardiology Division of Cardiology; Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch
- No registration is necessary
- Andrea McNeely CVRC 2-3792 alm6f@Virginia.EDU